As a school we truly value the views and opinions of our pupils. We have four pupil voice groups, who (when not under Covid social restrictions) meet on a weekly basis:
- School Learning Council
- FAB Team
- Eco Team
- Community Club
ECO CODE - WE CARE FOR OUR ENVIRONMENT
The Eco team has been together for four years. We have achieved the BRONZE and SILVER award and now the GREEN FLAG which is a national award which recognises that Eldean is an eco-friendly school. Look out for the flag, on our brand new flag pole, as you drive into the school car park.
The Eco Team meet once a week, to discuss progress and plan their next steps. We are very busy this year working on reducing food and packaging waste at our school, as well as many other projects. We also now have an established allotment that is thriving.
We are always looking for new ways to make our school more environmentally friendly. If you can help us in any way, especially on our allotment or in our nature area, please contact the school.
Eco-School achievements to Date
- Signs around school reminding everyone to switch off lights,turn off projectors and close doors.
- Whole school assemblies to raise awareness of issues
- Eco-Team visited the Waste education centre
- Made bird feeders for the nature area
- Regular litter picks, including BIG TIDY projects
- Picked fruit from the orchard and sold to pupils
- Produced and marketed allotment produce at the winter fair.
- Donated trees to the Parish Council
- Launched our Clean Plate campaign to reduce food and packaging waste.
- Support pupils and teachers to recycle paper.
- Upgraded our nature area
- Established productive allotments
- Wrote a letter to the councilrequesting another bin for Errington Park, which was granted in February.
- Took part in Science into Schools materials recycling campaign. Over 300 bags of unwanted textiles were recycled and earned the school lotsof points with which to buy Science and DTequipment.
- Planting ~ we now have potatoes, onions, carrots, beetroot, beans, pumpkins and peas planted in our allotment area. We have also bought a new polytunnel to be able to propogate even more seedlings next year.
We have two Eco-Mascots who were designed by two of our children, they are called Eddie and Ernie Eco: