Lunchtimes & Snacks
Our dedicated Lunch-time supervisors care for our children during lunch. The supervisors also actively encourage and develop play on the playgrounds. In addition, our older pupils may become play-leaders to support the play of younger children.
Children may bring a packed lunch to school or pay for a hot dinner (all Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 children will be eligible for a free school meal).
We encourage children to drink water throughout the day, but squash or fruit juice may be provided for lunchtimes. Please do not send fizzy or sports drinks to school.
Any requests for special dietary requirements (allergies etc) need to be submitted directly to our catering company ABM, via an online form (link below)
Booking School Meals
To book a school meal you must log onto Parent Pay with the code supplied from our office staff. From here you can pay and choose the meals your child may like for the term.
Free school meals
If you are receiving any of the following benefits (but NOT Working Tax Credit), you are entitled to claim free meals for your children:
- Universal Credit (annual net income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying)
The School Office Staff will be pleased to discuss this with you. Meals will be provided in a way such that your child does not feel singled out from the other children.
Our youngest children - in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 - are provided with a piece of fruit or vegetable every day. KS2 children are welcome to bring in a piece of fruit of vegetable as a snack at breaktime too.
A company called “Cool Milk at School” provides milk and FS help themselves to their milk throughout the day. This is supplied at a reduced price and invoices are sent directly to parents. This milk is available free to children under 5, and to those entitled to Free School Meals.
You can obtain the necessary forms from the School Office or visit the CoolMilk Link below.